No products in the cart.
If you’re a discerning mixing engineer on a budget, consider the PreSonus Eris E7 XT 2-Way Active Near Field Studio Monitor with Waveguide, a nearfield monitor designed to sound good in any location. Tune the monitor to your specific environment with a bevy of convenient acoustical features, and drive the sound loud and clear. The monitor offers an exceedingly wide sweet spot, and when it comes to connections, you won’t need to scrounge around for adapters—this monitor offers RCA, 1/4″ TRS, and XLR jacks.
The Eris E7 XT provides a 6.5″ composite woofer and a 1.25″ silk-dome tweeter, through which you can push up to 104 dB of sound. This is about 20 dB more than the recommended standard of 83 dB SPL for studio work, so you’re more than covered when it comes to volume.
The monitor is an update of a previous design, and one of its most notable new features is its EBM waveguide, fashioned by renowned designer Hugh Sarvis. This waveguide ensures a wider, yet more controlled sweet spot. Now, as you cart about the room, attending to various pieces of gear stashed in the corners, the sound won’t shift as much, and you’ll get accurate sonic accounting throughout your environment.
The front port is now larger in size, ensuring the 6.5″ speaker never sounds muddy. Using high-pass filtering, a midrange bell filter, and a high-shelf filter, you can tune the monitors to your predilections. A separate Acoustic Space switch tailors the frequency response to suit your room placement. Whether you’re mounting the monitor in the middle of your room, on the walls, or in the corners, you’ll have a sound to suit your needs.
Key Features at a Glance
- 6.6″ woven composite low-frequency transducer
- 1.25″ silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- 100 x 60° EBM waveguide
- Ported enclosure
- Tuning Controls for accurate mixing contour (Level, HPF, LF Trim, HF Trim, Acoustic Space Filter)
- 130W Class-AB biamplification drives up to 104 dB of sound
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, external mains fuse, and subsonic protection
- Includes Studio One Prime DAW software and Studio Magic plug-in suite